Interested in Starting a
New Faith Community?
The Kentucky United Methodist Church has the vision to plant many new churches in the next few years.
We are looking to start both large and small faith communities with different strategies, including:
Mother Church “Births”/Satellites
Ethnic/Multi-racial Faith Communities
House Church Starts
Lay-led or Local Pastor-led starts
Investing in the right leaders is key
We are looking for effective leaders who:
- Have a strong sense of calling, deeply established prayer habits, and keen understanding that church planting is a God thing.
- Have a VISIONIZING capacity – who can persuasively sell a vision that does not limit God.
- Have apostolic zeal and a passion for evangelism. They have a demonstrated history of building relationships in the community and leading these friends to Christ and into church life.
- Comprehend the culture and can assess needs, adapting philosophy to the character of the community.
- Have a coachable and adaptable spirit. They take initative, and contiually strive for personal and professional growth and development. They are very persistent and deal well with frequent and abrupt change.
- Have a peace, along with their spouse and family, about the ministry of new church development and have embraced the sacrifices entailed.
- Are willing to raise funds and sacrifice for the sake of the kingdom, risking whatever to bring people into a relationship with Jesus.
- Are catalytic innovators. This relates to the “entrepreneurial gene” typically found in good planters.
- Are deeply committed to The United Methodist Church.
- Are willing to engage in the discernment process to explore and assess their calling in new church development as outlined here.